What is coGalleries?

We are an artist-run platform who believes that living with an artwork means establishing a connection to the place it was created and the person who created it. We find art that we love, and we take you to where it lives. This site is a set of tools for making that happen: you can browse pieces, get an invitation to an event at an artist’s studio or set up a personal visit with an artist.

How is this different from a traditional gallery?

coGalleries puts everything in the hands of the artists. All of our events happen at the artist’s studios and all purchases are made directly from the artist.

What is a studio opening and how does it work?

A studio opening is when one the artists in our community invites people over to see their studio and show some of their work. They usually happen from 7 – 10 in the evening and accommodate between 25 – 100 people. We do studio openings because they’re a great way to get to know an artist and to plug directly in to a city’s creative scene. We take care of the organization, so write to us if you would like to join the guest list and we’ll send you all the details about when, where and how to get there.

What is a curated visit and how does it work?

A curated visit is when we organize a personal appointment to visit an artist’s studio. One of our curators meets you and takes you there to meet the artist. A curated visit accommodates up to 8 people. To cover the basic costs, we ask for a 25 € fee per visitor, which in case of a sale will be deduced from the artwork’s price.

How does buying online work?

Check out the selection of artworks and artists. All of the pieces here are originals, limited series or signed editions. If you buy a work here, it will ship directly from the artist’s studio. We can accept payments by credit card or bank transfer. 70% of proceeds always go to the artist, and the remaining 30% helps us to run the project!

The listed price includes VAT, but not shipping. Shipping cost is determined based on the delivery location; shipments are handled by our art delivery partner and always sent over with an art insurance. You will get a live tracker number so you can stay up-to-date on the delivery. All shipments will be made within one week of purchase, delivery times range between 2 – 14 days. Returns are possible within the first 14 days after receiving the purchased artwork. We are happy to assist you with taking care of any possible customs procedures for shipping outside of the EU. Any questions, send us a mail to: advisory@cogalleries.com

Can I get involved as an artist or curator?

coGalleries is always interested in new opportunities for collaboration. If you are an artist or a curator who shares our vision, we’re looking forward to hearing from you!